Brushing children teeth, What should a parent know.
Here are some useful tips to brushing children teeth and oral health care.
1) Use children toothpaste that has fluoride in it. The use of fluoride in toothpaste as been proven to prevent dental tooth decay. Use only a small pea size amount of toothpaste.
2) Make sure to teach your child in the proper use of toothpaste. Monitor them carefully while they are bushing their teeth. DO NOT assume that your child can use toothpaste without supervision.
3) A child can start brushing their teeth between 3 – 6 years old but make sure that you thoroughly brush their teeth afterward to make sure the teeth get brush correctly. At 3 – 6 years of age is a good age to start getting use to brushing but they are normally not old enough to have the proper coordination to brush their teeth on their own yet.
4) Generally speaking a child should be able to brush responsibly by the age of seven and should be able to do so without supervision. However all children are different so if the child as not shown that they can brush and use toothpaste properly, then they should be supervised until they are older.
5) Keep toothpaste out of the reach of children until they have shown that they are responsible and know how to use is property. Many children toothpaste are made to taste good can child can treat it like candy. NO toothpaste should be eaten contact poison control if your see your child has consumed toothpaste.