Dental 4 Less – Kids Dental Care
When taking your child to a dentist, here are some tips you should know.
- Ensure the dentist provides complete information about any dental care services advised.
- Make the dentist explain things to you in a language you can understand. (Note Many dentists have their language, “dental talk,” that many people may not completely understand)
- Make sure the dentist is providing you with all available options. It is easier to make an informed choice if you know all your options.
- Ask your dentist questions to understand why they suggest one option over another.
- Remember, you always have the right to a second opinion whenever you want additional information from another source.
- Feel free to get a second opinion. A good dentist will not get insulted.
- Make sure you have a dentist that always treats you and your child with respect. A dentist should not be rude because you ask questions about your child’s dental care and treatments. Respect also includes the privacy and security of your records and the privacy of your discussions with the dentist and staff members.
- It should go without saying, but the dental office you choose to go to for your family’s dental care should be clean. You are looking for cleanliness and sterility. If you do not see that, leave.